2018 FUNDSY BENEFICIARY APPLICATION
Download Application here.
Applicant organizations must meet the following criteria:
- Funds must be used exclusively for capital projects critical to the long term success of the organization.
- Applicant must be operating within Ada County and applying for funds for the creation, construction or maintenance of buildings, edifices, equipment or premises.
- Applicant must be a nonprofit corporation with proof of 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status.
- Applicant must be in good financial standing and must have the appropriate organizational capabilities to receive and administer funds received if selected by FUNDSY.
- Successful applicant(s) will partner with FUNDSY’s efforts to raise funds for the recipients.
Other factors to be considered:
- Overall need for the capital project and how it will enhance the organization’s mission.
- What is the impact of the applicant’s project on the Ada County community?
- What is the likely support of FUNDSY patrons for applicant’s project?
- What is the number of people who would benefit from applicant’s project?
- Are there any other sources of funding available to applicant?
- Partnership and beneficiary support is critical to the success of every FUNDSY event and is unique to the organization and its supporters. This support includes, but is not limited to, the following:
a. donation acquisition efforts within the organization as well as through the FUNDSY contact process
b. event workers/volunteers serving as Gala co-chair
c. individual purchase/sale of Gala tickets
d. other possibilities and opportunities as appropriate
PROPOSALS MUST INCLUDE:
1. COVER LETTER: The cover letter is limited to one (1) page on the applicant’s stationery and signed by the organization’s director. The letter must show the name of the organization or agency, address, phone and fax numbers, email address and website (if applicable).
2. NARRATIVE/SUMMARY: The narrative/summary must be no more than five (5) pages, one-sided, single-spaced and include the following:
a. Purpose or Primary Effort of Organization, including Brief Background or History of Organization.
b. List of Officers and/or Members of Board of Directors.
c. Amount of Funds Requested
d. Need for Funding, including detailed explanations of:
- How the funds would be used, including a project timeline.
- Total funding plan for the capital project including a budget (expenses and income).
- Whether funding will allow for growth of an on-going program or development of a new service or program.
- Demographics and number of people currently served and impact/increase anticipated as a result of capital project.
e. List other funding sources, in-kind donations or other support, if any, for the project.
f. Describe how the organization is presently funded (organization’s operating budget).
g. Describe any partnership efforts with other organizations/agencies that may provide a potential support base for the event.
h. Briefly describe the size of the staff, full-time and part-time, plus active volunteers and the type of work they do for the organization. How will this change with completion of your capital project?
i. Summarize how your organization may be able to provide help and support to the 2017-18 fundraising efforts and auction events.
j. List the years and amounts of previous FUNDSY requests by your organization and the result of those requests.
3. Tax-Exempt Status: Verification of 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status (IRS determination letter).
PROCEDURES TO SUBMIT PROPOSAL:
- All proposals must be received by FUNDSY no later than Friday, January 6, 2017. No proposals will be accepted in person.
- The proposal must include 1) Cover Letter, 2) Narrative/Summary and 3) Tax-Exempt Documentation.
- The proposal must include all information as requested in these instructions and limited to the specified number of pages or the proposal may be disqualified. The proposal should be printed or typed.
- Proposals can be submitted either electronically or mailed.
- Proposals submitted electronically must be emailed to email@example.com
- Proposals submitted via mail must include and require the following:
a. ORIGINAL PROPOSAL + 5 COPIES
b. Original proposal plus copies must be 1) three-hole punched, 2) paper-clipped (not stapled) and 3) submitted in one binder, folder or envelope (not separately).
c. Mail to the following address:
P.O. Box 7126
Boise, ID 83707-1126
- If selected as a finalist, an applicant may be asked to provide pertinent supplementary information in the form of a personal presentation.
- Applicant’s proposal and supplementary information become property of FUNDSY, Inc. and will not be returned.
DECISION OF FUNDSY:
- The selection of the beneficiary(s) will be made in February, 2017 and the decision of the Board of Directors of FUNDSY, Inc. is final. Applicants will be notified as soon as the selection is final. A press conference and public announcement will take place after selections are finalized.